Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The first story takes place on Google Maps

Penguin Books has launched a series of online digital fiction called We Tell Stories. The series is a partnership between Penguin, alternate reality game designers Six to Start and six different authors.



Charles Cumming published an interactive online story, The 21 Steps, as part of a Penguin We Tell Stories project. Readers follow the protagonist's travels through Google Maps.

When I read about this story telling technique on the Internet I was perfectly in the mood which was a blend of surprise and exclamation.

Wow!!! I said to myself. what an innovative way to tell a story and to map that story with a online map. So that readers can actually imagine the places, buildings, locations etc.

I really impressed by this approach. What about you?

No comments: