Saturday, July 19, 2008

God made the country, and man made the town. ~William Cowper, The Task

My father asserted that there was no better place to bring up a family than in a rural environment.... There's something about getting up at 5 a.m., feeding the stock and chickens, and milking a couple of cows before breakfast that gives you a lifelong respect for the price of butter and eggs.
-Bill Vaughan
How true? Anybody can fell into the love with the culture and simplicity of life at countryside. Today I can came back from a marriage ceremony at country side. Can imagine a beauty of a marriage taking place in the middle of a field. The hall was surrounded by green farms, fresh air and smell of tasty food. "Muah". What else is required in life?
If there is existence of "Respect, peace and simplicity" in the world, its at countryside. I was surprised by their hospitality. Their everlasting smile and gratitude in their eyes just to say thank you for coming.
I wish I should go every weekend to get this feeling and to get this recreational experience. To feel the life and to forget the tensions of routine city life. To read my experiences about countryside at Jivdhan -Naneghat Trek please click here.
People tell me that the countryside must always be stupid and backward, and I get angry, as if it were said that only townspeople had immortal souls, and that it was only in the city that the flame of divinity breathed into the first men had an unobscured glow.
-George William Russell

No comments: